Gold Route 7 Days
LEVEL: HARD ONLY FOR EXPERIENCED RIDERS
1 Bike $ 1.750 USD. Per person
2 or more Bikes $ 1.400 USD. Per person
Minimum number of participants 2.
Maximum number of participants 10
Price passenger: Not possible.
To make a reservation: Minimum two months before.
Booking: 10% in advance via Western Union or MoneyGram.
Balance payment: in cash before start the tour.
Type of vehicle: Kawasaki KLR 650-Suzuki DR650
Suggestions, Comfortable clothes-Extra money-sunglasses -camera and sunblock.
Type route, Asphalt/ gravel hard pack and off road.
Start point and end: Office in MALLASA avenida Florida 609 La Paz
The first part of the trip will be crossing the Altiplano highland at a level of 3,800m above sea level and then heading over the Andean Mountain Pass to descend into the warm Yungas valleys, where is located the village of Sorata. Here beginns the old gold digger treck vía Consata, Santa Rosa and Mapiri on dirt dusty or muddy road, depending on the year’s season, riding through subtropical and tropical zones until the true gold mines area at Guanay.Between Guanay and Caranavi there are lots of fruit and coffee plantations Finally on the last day our tour climbs along the famous ‘Death Road’ to the High Mountain Pass of La Cumbre at cold 4,680m above sea level before decending to the City of La Paz.
DepartureLa Paz, Mallasa
Departure TimeAll tour begins 09:00
Return TimeApproximately --------
Dress CodeExtra Casual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, light jacket.
Day 1 - TRANSFER AIRPORT TO HOTEL
Day 2 - ACLIMATION & CITY TOUR
Day 3 - LA PAZ - ACHACACHI - SORATA (5 hrs.).
Day 4 - SORATA - CONSATA (8 hrs)
Day 5 - CONSATA - GUANAY (10 hrs.)
Day 6 - GUANAY - CARANAVI - COROICO (8 hrs.)
Day 7 - COROICO - LA PAZ (3-4 hrs.)
Both Sorata , as several cities in the province Lerecaja are considered the richest gold-bearing structures in the world . The way gold was traced and moved from pre-Columbian times and that activity is stimulated , from the colonial period who lived this region of the continent. Wranglers and trails dedicated to gold miners , transited the route Sorata - Conzata - Mapiri from deposits Tipuani , Guanay and others.
- Driver’s license. Motorcycle class.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Agreement and signature on risk document.
- Minimum number of Participants 1.
- Maximums number of participants 10
- Adventure guide on his own motorcycle
- Bolivian lunch on route
- Bolivian Basic insurance ("SOAT" covers personal injuries)
- Fuel for the bike
- Dinner and breakfast
- Transport (taxi). We pick you up at your hotel 8:00 am
- Hotel, hostal y alojamiento, Accommodation Twinshare ( based on double occupancy)
- Support vehicle 4x4 when the group is above 4 rider)
TOUR NOT INCLUDED
- All entrance-fees for museums and parks. Personal expenses
- All drinks
- Damage insurance for the motorcycle (extra cost 45 Usd)
- Driving equipment; Helmet, boots, pants, jacket and gloves extra cost 50 Usd